Next virtual event: 1 September 2021
Valuation meets ESG & Sustainability:
Analysis – Value Driver – Valuation
14:00 – 16:15 (CET) (one 15-minute breaks)
2 hours of continuing education credit
Web-Seminar with Prof. Dr. Matthias Meitner, ISM Munich
ESG and sustainability are not only buzzwords in today’s business valuation. Investors, analysts and valuation appraisers more and more often take ESG-related topics into account when determining the value of businesses. They do it because it is today broadly understood that ESG and sustainability can have a real impact on the value discovery.
In this seminar we shed light on the most important aspects of ESG integration:
- How to include ESG into valuations
- How far can we use our existing valuation framework for this? And where do we have to extent it?
- Where to look at from an analytical point of view?
- How can we translate this into a practicable valuation approach?
- The different shades of ESG aspects (and how to deal with them in business valuation)
- Balancing cost-benefit effects of ESG in business valuation
- Typical practical examples and how to deal with them in our valuation models
- Discussion (your questions to the speaker)
Speaker: Prof. Dr. Matthias Meitner, CFA
- Managing Partner at VALUESQUE
- Professor for Finance, Accounting & Business Valuation, International School of Management (ISM)
- Chair of the Centre for Business Values, International School of Management (ISM)
- Heading the Expert Network „Equity Valuation and Analysis“ of the CFA Society Germany.
- Member of the Capital Market Advisory Committee (CMAC) of the IFRS Foundation
- Member of the EU-linked European Financial Reporting Advisoy Group (EFRAG) User Panel
- € 120 (€ 142,80 incl. 19% VAT) for EACVA/NACVA members
- € 150 (€ 178,50 incl. 19% VAT) for guests
Registration fee includes the web seminar materials in PDF format.
2 September or 28 October 2021
FREE 1 hrs Web-Seminar, 1 hrs CPE Credit for free
THRIVE, SURVIVE, OR NOSEDIVE!
THE WORLD OF EXPERT WITNESSES
Co-Sponsored by the Consultants’ Training Institute® and the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts®
For Details and Registration please click here: REGISTRATION
21-25 June 2021
Keynotes and Plenary Sessions
- Keynote: Disruption, Opportunity, and Flashing Red Lights to Pay Attention to in Professional Service Firms | Daniel Hood, Bob Lewis, Michael Platt
- COVID-19 One Year Later: Lessons Learned About Cost of Capital Assumptions | Jim Harrington, Carla Nunes
- New Standards for Conducting Financial Forensics | David Wolfe
- Keynote: Cyber Security and Data Privacy | David Sems
- The Future of the Business Valuation Profession | Chris Mercer
- The Size Effect: It is Still Relevant | Roger Grabowski, Jim Harrington
- Applying BV Review Standards to Damage Measurement Reporting | P. Dermot O’Neill
- Family Limited Partnerships—Valuation Tools to Help Protect the Family Business | Stephen White
- Profit Margin Adjustments—The Line Between an Opinion of Value and Withdrawing from the Engagement | Jason Pierce
- Empirical Research Regarding Discounts for Lack of Marketability | Mark Vianello
- Lost Profits or Lost Earning Capacity—Estimating Lost Income for the Self-Employed | Allyn Needham
- You Be the Judge—The Appraiser’s Role as Neutral or Trier of Fact | Terry Lloyd
- Show Me the Money—Real World Valuations in a (Post) COVID World | Kathleen Lauster
- Finding New Clients in Today’s Economy | Greg Chambers
- Forensic Analysis of IRS Enforcement of Corporate Offshore Profit Shifting | Stephen Curtis
- Building Flexible Models with Microsoft Excel’s New Dynamic Arrays | Carl Seidman
- Valuing Closely-Held Farms and Ranches with Economic Reality | Ericka Heiser
Additional Details Coming Soon.
For more information please go to NACVA’s website.
12 March 2021 online via Zoom
- Prof. Dr. Mauro Bini (Bocconi University, Milan)
- Roger Grabowski, ASA (Duff & Phelps)
- Dr. Holger Himmel (PwC)
- Karin Lusnic (BDO)
- Dr. Anke Nestler (Valnes)
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Schüler (Universität der Bundeswehr Munich)
- Early warning signs (value based) of imbalances in troubled firms
- ESG as an increasing value driver in business valuation
- Data as an asset
- Valuation of hospitality business (particularly hotels) in 2021
- Cross-border DCF valuation: discounting cash flows in foreign currency
More details and information about EACVA’s Business Valuation Conferences on www.valuationconference.de.
Live Online CVA Training: 3 March – 17 March 2021, 5,5 days, via Zoom
CVA Training: 8 – 12 December 2019 / CVA Exam: 13 December 2019, Location: Berlin, Germany
Annual Business Valuation Conference 2019
5 – 6 December 2019, Berlin, Germany
Keynote Speakers 2019:
- Prof. Aswath Damodaran, Ph.D., MBA, Stern School of Business at New York University: Narrative and Numbers – The Story behind your Valuation
- Marc Goedhart, McKinsey /
co-author of the book “Valuation”: Four Principles of Value Creation
CVA Training: 6 – 10 May 2019 / CVA Exam: 11 May 2019 / Location: Berlin, Germany
CVA Training: 16 – 20 July 2018 / CVA Exam: 21 July 2018 / Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Annual Business Valuation Conference 2018:
22 – 23 November 2018, Dusseldorf, Germany
CVA Training: 19 – 23 June 2017
CVA Exam: 24 June 2017
Location: Frankfurt, Germany