16 May 2023 I 20:00 – 22:00 (CEST / GMT+1:00)
Free virtual event broadcast via Zoom.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits: 2-hours (requires attendees to respond to all attendance verification polls during the live broadcast)
Sponsoring Valuation Professional Organizations (VPOs):
- American Society of Appraisers | ASA
- Chartered Business Valuators Institute | CBV Institute
- Global Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts | GACVA
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts | NACVA
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors | RICS
The valuation professional organizations (VPOs) collaborated during the height of the COVID pandemic to produce two virtual global town halls. The events were ground-breaking in that the VPOs came together to produce continuing professional education for the global profession amid chaos.
Fast forward to 2023. Current economic conditions, the markets, supply chain disruption, and burgeoning financial litigation continue to pose serious considerations for today’s business valuation analysts and appraisers.
The VPOs come together again on May 16, 2023, to promote dialogue, share knowledge, provide guidance, and field questions from the live/virtual global audience on current and trending issues that impact the practice of business valuation, appraisal, and litigation matters around the globe.
The global panelists will tackle these topics in addition to discussing:
- Impact Macro-economic Trends and Other Current Risks Have on Transactions
- Impacts of Supply Chain Disruption
- Landscape of Financial Litigation
Catalina Miranda, CPA, CA, CBV and Vice President, Regulatory & Standards I CBV Institute
- Ian Wanke, CPA, CBV, CFA and Director, Private Equity | British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI)
- Lari Masten, MSA, CPA/ABV/CFF, CPVA, CVA, MAFF, ABAR | Masten Valuation
- Matthias Meitner, CFA and Founder and Managing Partner | VALUESQUE
- Rebecca Nelson, MBA, CFA, ASA and Managing Director, Valuation Services | Kroll
After attending this session, participants will be able to assess market conditions, identify the appropriate approaches to implement in the current market, assess how to analyze imperative data points in the supply chain, and infer an understanding of the complex areas of financial litigation.