Would you like to submit an article for EBVM?
Submission Dates for 2023 Issues:
- Summer 2023: 15 April 2023
- Fall 2023: 15 July 2023
- Winter 2023: 15 October 2023
The European Business Valuation Magazine (EBVM) is published by the European Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (EACVA) in cooperation with the International Valuation Standards Council (IVSC). The magazine’s electronic format ensures global distribution.
Download the full instructions: here
Target Group of EBVM:
Practitioners in Business and Intangible Asset Valuation and related disciplines in Europe: Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), Chartered Accountants, Commissaire aux Comptes, et al.; Tax Consultants and Tax Accountants; Corporates (CFO, Finance, Accounting & Controlling); Corporate Finance or M&A Consultants, Investment Managers and Financial Professionals (VC, PE or Credit Analysts); Property and Real Estate Appraisers; Legal Executives, Attorneys, Lawyers and Judges.
Scientific-based Practitioner magazine:
It is a scientific-based journal yet practice-oriented, and we welcome both practical and scientific articles. Despite its methodological approach, EBVM is a journal for practitioners. Accordingly, all contributions should be of direct benefit to the reader by presenting innovations, pointing out possible effects, recommending concrete actions and providing implementation guides. The needs of the target group are also taken into account in the selection of topics, the preparation of documents and their length.
The editorial board welcomes submissions on a wide range of subjects of interest to the business & intangible asset valuation community. In general the articles should have a fundamental European focus, but country specific aspects and developments are also of interest.
Hereafter a non-exhaustive list of subject areas:
- Valuation Methodology Assessment: Application of income-, market- and cost approach
- Normalizing Adjustments
- Prospective Financial Information
- Stage Models
- Terminal Value
- Surplus Assets
- Capital Market related Topics
- Discount Rates
- Risk = Danger + Opportunity
- Valuation Uncertainty related Issues (how to handle and cope)
- Controlling vs. Minority interest
- Small and Mid-sized private held companies
- Valuation Adjustments: Discounts & Premia
- Report Writing Skills
- Price vs. Value
- Valuation related European Legislation
- Empirical Findings
- Application of International Valuation Standards
- Excel Skills for Valuation Professionals
- Quality Review Skills e.g. usage of toolkits for financial modelling reviews
- Soft Skills for Valuation Professionals
- Data Sources
- EU Law related to Business and Intangible Asset Valuation
- International Taxation and Valuation: e.g. Transfer Pricing
- Country Specific Developments
- Valuation Purposes and Bases of Value (Standards of Value)
- Country Specific Standards
- Case Law
- Use of Data Sources
Editorial board review:
In order to ensure the quality of the content of the articles published in EBVM the contributions are reviewed by the editorial board in advance. The review process is double-blinded.
Unpublished material: Submission of a manuscript implies that the work described is not copyright published or submitted elsewhere The corresponding author should ensure that all authors approve the manuscript before its submission.
Manuscripts are accepted on condition of transfer of copyright to EBVM. Once the manuscript is accepted for publication, it may not be published elsewhere without the consent of the copyright holders, and you will need to submit the signed Copyright Transfer Agreement Form.
Manuscripts must be written in clear and concise English.
Download the full instructions: here