23 May 2022
Webcasts are held monthly at 17:00–18:00 (CET). One CPE per webcast.
Topic: Business Valuation in the Czech Republic
Speaker: Ing. Barbora Rýdlová, Ph.D., Prague University of Economics and Business, Czech Republic
- Head of Department of Corporate Finance and Valuation
- Prague University of Economics and Business
- Faculty of Finance and Accounting
Barbora is Head of the Department of Corporate Finance and Valuation at the Faculty of Finance and Accounting, Prague University of Economics and Business, and the Academic Director of MBA in Real Estate Valuation (MBARE). Alongside her academic activities, she is a court-appointed expert (witness) in the field of business, intangible assets, and securities valuation. Since 2010, Barbora has been a member of the advisory board of experts in business valuation at the Regional Court in Prague and the Ministry of Justice.
The live monthly webcast Around the Valuation World® International is an exclusive member benefit produced by the GACVA Advisory Council. It features business valuation experts providing technical guidance and insight to international valuation issues.
All EACVA and GACVA members are able to view the webcast for free each month, for CPE you can purchase the AVW annual subscription.
For any question to the show please send a short message to email@example.com.
- May 23, 2022
- June 27, 2022
- July 25, 2022
- August 29, 2022
- September 26, 2022
- October 24, 2022
- November 28, 2022
- December 19, 2022
- January 30, 2023
- February 20, 2023
- March 27, 2023
- April 24, 2023
- May 22, 2023
- 25 April 2022 – Calculating Marketability Discounts
Speaker: Andrew Strickland, Consultant at Scrutton Bland, Director at International Institute of Business Valuers (iiBV), UK
- 28 March 2022 – Valuation – from a UK Perspective
Speaker: David Bowes, DIP LAW, FTII, FRICS, MEWI, SSBV, Share and Business Valuation Specialist
- 21 February 2022 – Cost Approach to Intellectual Property Valuation
Speaker: Robert F. Reilly, CPA, ASA, ABV, CVA, CFF, CMA, Willamette Management Associates
- 31 January 2022 – The Real Property Appraisal Worldview: An Eye-Opening Guide for Business Valuers
Speaker: Dennis A. Webb, ASA, MAI, FRICS, business and real estate appraiser
- 20 December 2021 – Discussion on Global Professional Standards with GACVA Leaders:
Andreas Creutzmann, WP/StB, Dipl.-Kfm., CVA / Mark Kucik, CPA, CVA, CM&AA, CFF, CPVA / C. Zachary Meyers, CPA, CVA / Andrew Neuman, CPA, CA, CFE, CA.IFA, CFF, CVA, B.com / Pratik Shah, MSc
- 29 November 2021 – Misuse of Bid Premium Data to Determine Minority Discounts
Speaker: Morris Kaplan, Director at Logicca Valuation Services Pty Ltd.
- 25 October 2021 – APT versus CAPM: An analysis with implications for international cost of capital estimation and privately-traded capital asset valuation
Speaker: Malcolm McClelland, PhD, McLelland + Palazzi Financial Economics
- 27 September 2021 – Terminal Value: Fade factors and growth assumptions
Speaker: Prof. Dr. Bernhard Schwetzler, CVA, Chair Financial Management, HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
- 12 July 2021 – Today’s Fraud Risk Models Lack Personality
Speaker: Dr. Sri Ramamoorti, ACA, CPA, CFE, CFF, CIA, CFE, CRMA, CGFM, CRP, FCPA, MAFF, Associate Professor of Accountancy at University of Dayton
- 28 June 2021 – The Future of the Business Valuation Profession − Professional Associations, Business Valuation Standards, and Business Valuation Theory
Speaker: Z. Christopher Mercer, FASA, CFA, ABAR, Mercer Capital
- 24 May 2021 – Construction Impacts During COVID-19 Times
Speaker: Alina Rivera, CPA, CVA, CFE, MAFF, CIRA, CGMA, MBA, CEO and Partner at On Point Strategy
- 26 April 2021 – Multiple Adjustments: Theory vs Practice – How can we discern the adequate level of the multiple we should use in the valuation of an unlisted company?
Speaker: Anamaria Ciobanu, Senior Manager, Deal Advisory, Valuations, KPMG Romania / Professor of Finance at ASE ASE BUCURESTI, Faculty of Finance, Insurance, Banking and Stock Exchange
- 29 March 2021 – Accounting and Business Valuation – How Accounting Information Impacts Business Valuation in Practice
Speaker: Prof. Dr. Matthias Meitner, CFA, Managing Partner VALUESQUE
- 22 February 2021 – Economic Outlook in a Post COVID World – Incorporating Real GDP Growth and Inflation Expectations in Valuations
Speaker: Carla Nunes, Managing Director, Global Leader – Valuation Digital Solutions | Duff & Phelps/Kroll
- 25 January 2021 – Valuation, Common Sense, and Common Errors and Normalized Risk-Free rates
Speaker: Pablo Fernández, Professor of Financial Management, PwC Chair of Corporate Finance | IESE Business School, University of Navarra