11 December 2023 I 5:00 pm (CEST)
Webcasts are held monthly at 17:00–18:00 (CEST). One CPE per webcast.
Topic: Value of Security Issued by Privately Held Companies with Complex Capital Structure
Speaker: Upasak B. Shah, Knowcraft Analytics Pvt. Ltd., India
Mr. Upasak Shah is the Co-Founder and Director of Knowcraft Analytics Private Ltd. Mr. Shah has an extensive background with 15+ years’ experience in providing business valuation, and transaction and advisory services for companies spanning technology, life sciences, and various other industries. Mr. Shah has performed valuations for hundreds of privately held businesses and a handful of publicly traded companies for a variety of purposes, including mergers and acquisitions, gift & estate taxes, 409(A) compliance, purchase price allocations, mark to market for large portfolios, embedded derivatives, intellectual property, complex securities, and goodwill impairment.
Mr. Shah has spoken at several webinars for Indian valuation professionals on topics related to business valuation and opportunities for valuation professionals in India, among others. Prior to co-founding Knowcraft, he worked at EXL, where he pioneered transaction advisory and complex security valuation services. He has proven expertise in valuing derivatives and embedded securities using complex models, such as Lattice or Monte Carlo simulations.
In 2019, Mr. Shah was nominated for 40 Under 40 by NACVA. Mr. Shah holds a Master of Commerce degree from Gujarat University, India and a Master of Science degree in Finance from the ICFAI University, India. He is the Director of Academy of Certified Valuators and Analysts™ (ACVA) — NACVA’s India Chapter focused on nurturing business valuation talent in India.
The live monthly webcast Around the Valuation World® International is an exclusive member benefit produced by the GACVA Advisory Council. It features business valuation experts providing technical guidance and insight to international valuation issues.
All EACVA and GACVA members are able to view the webcast for free each month, for CPE you can purchase the AVW annual subscription.
For any questions about the show please send a short message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 29 January 2024
- 19 February 2024
- 25 March 2024
- 22 April 2024
- 13 May 2024
- 24 June 2024
- 22 July 2024
- 26 August 2024
- 20 November 2023: Do you really know your cost of capital?
Speaker: Prof. Peter Nyberg, D.Sc. (Econ.), Aalto University School of Business, Finland
23 October 2023: Private Company M&A Valuation: Financial Reporting
Speaker: Stephen A. White, CVA Expert Valuation Analyst at Onyx Partners Group, New York
25 September 2023: How Free is the Riskfree Rate
Speaker: Dr. Bennet Kpentey, DBA, CPC, CVA, Sync Consult, AACVA
28 August 2023: Behavioral Valuation: The Valuation Mindset—the Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making
Speaker: Dr. Marc Broekema, Kroll
24 July 2023: Valuation Considerations for Biotech Companies
Speaker: Dharah Shah, CVA, Knowcraft Analytics Pvt. Ltd.
- 26 June 2023: Principles, Tasks, and Tools for Successful Professionals
Speaker: WP StB Andreas Creutzmann, CVA, IVA VALUATION & ADVISORY
- 22 May 2023: Working Capital Analysis and Projection Challenges & Inconsistencies
Speaker: Brady T. Finney, Atlantic Management Company, Inc.
- 24 April 2023: Liquidity and Marketability Discounts in a Margrabe Exchange Option Framework
Speaker: Dr. Ashok Abbott, MBA, PhD, Business Valuation LLC
- 27 March 2023: Improving the Selection of CAPM Betas – A New Tool Coming Soon (Part II)
Speakers: Carla S. Nunes, CFA and Kevin Madden, Kroll
- 20 February 2023: Buying Performance? The Impact of Multiple Arbitrage in Buy-and-Build Strategies of Private Equity Firms
Speaker: Prof. Dr. Bernhard Schwetzler, CVA, HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
- 30 January 2023: Global Economic Conditions Impacting Business Valuation and Appraisal
Speaker: Simon Rubinsohn, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- 19 December 2022: Business Valuation Déjà Vu’s
Speaker: Z. Christopher Mercer, FASA, CFA, ABAR, Mercer Capital
- 28 November 2022: Kroll Cost of Capital New Beta Module
Speaker: Carla Nunes, CFA, Kroll
- 24 October 2022: Business Valuations in the Wine Industry
Speaker: Joseph Orlando, ASA, Exit Strategies Group
- 26 September 2022: Early Stage Valuation
Speaker: Antonella Puca, CFA, CPA/ABV, MPI Business Valuation & Advisory
- 25 July 2022: Simulation based valuation: Theory and Practice
Speakers: Prof. Dr. Werner Gleißner, FutureValue Group and University of Dresden / Prof. Dr. Dr. Dietmar Ernst, International School of Finance (ISF) Nürtingen-Geislingen University and European Institute of Quantitative Finance (EIQF)
- 27 June 2022 – Contingent Consideration / Earnout Valuations
Speaker: James B Walling, CFA, CVA, Accretive Strategies Consulting Group, Gilroy US
- 23 May 2022 – Business Valuation in the Czech Republic
Speaker: Ing. Barbora Rýdlová, PhD, Prague University of Economics and Business
- 25 April 2022 – Calculating Marketability Discounts
Speaker: Andrew Strickland, Consultant at Scrutton Bland, Director at International Institute of Business Valuers (iiBV), UK
- 28 March 2022 – Valuation – from a UK Perspective
Speaker: David Bowes, DIP LAW, FTII, FRICS, MEWI, SSBV, Share and Business Valuation Specialist
- 21 February 2022 – Cost Approach to Intellectual Property Valuation
Speaker: Robert F. Reilly, CPA, ASA, ABV, CVA, CFF, CMA, Willamette Management Associates
- 31 January 2022 – The Real Property Appraisal Worldview: An Eye-Opening Guide for Business Valuers; Speaker: Dennis A. Webb, ASA, MAI, FRICS, business and real estate appraiser
- 20 December 2021 – Discussion on Global Professional Standards with GACVA Leaders:
Andreas Creutzmann, WP/StB, Dipl.-Kfm., CVA / Mark Kucik, CPA, CVA, CM&AA, CFF, CPVA / C. Zachary Meyers, CPA, CVA / Andrew Neuman, CPA, CA, CFE, CA.IFA, CFF, CVA, B.com / Pratik Shah, MSc
- 29 November 2021 – Misuse of Bid Premium Data to Determine Minority Discounts
Speaker: Morris Kaplan, Director at Logicca Valuation Services Pty Ltd.
- 25 October 2021 – APT versus CAPM: An analysis with implications for international cost of capital estimation and privately-traded capital asset valuation
Speaker: Malcolm McClelland, PhD, McLelland + Palazzi Financial Economics
- 27 September 2021 – Terminal Value: Fade factors and growth assumptions
Speaker: Prof. Dr. Bernhard Schwetzler, CVA, Chair Financial Management, HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
- 12 July 2021 – Today’s Fraud Risk Models Lack Personality
Speaker: Dr. Sri Ramamoorti, ACA, CPA, CFE, CFF, CIA, CFE, CRMA, CGFM, CRP, FCPA, MAFF, Associate Professor of Accountancy at University of Dayton
- 28 June 2021 – The Future of the Business Valuation Profession − Professional Associations, Business Valuation Standards, and Business Valuation Theory
Speaker: Z. Christopher Mercer, FASA, CFA, ABAR, Mercer Capital
- 24 May 2021 – Construction Impacts During COVID-19 Times
Speaker: Alina Rivera, CPA, CVA, CFE, MAFF, CIRA, CGMA, MBA, CEO and Partner at On Point Strategy
- 26 April 2021 – Multiple Adjustments: Theory vs Practice – How can we discern the adequate level of the multiple we should use in the valuation of an unlisted company?
Speaker: Anamaria Ciobanu, Senior Manager, Deal Advisory, Valuations, KPMG Romania / Professor of Finance at ASE ASE BUCURESTI, Faculty of Finance, Insurance, Banking and Stock Exchange
- 29 March 2021 – Accounting and Business Valuation – How Accounting Information Impacts Business Valuation in Practice
Speaker: Prof. Dr. Matthias Meitner, CFA, Managing Partner VALUESQUE
- 22 February 2021 – Economic Outlook in a Post COVID World – Incorporating Real GDP Growth and Inflation Expectations in Valuations
Speaker: Carla Nunes, Managing Director, Global Leader – Valuation Digital Solutions | Duff & Phelps/Kroll
- 25 January 2021 – Valuation, Common Sense, and Common Errors and Normalized Risk-Free rates
Speaker: Pablo Fernández, Professor of Financial Management, PwC Chair of Corporate Finance | IESE Business School, University of Navarra